“Truly riveting, Laura Silver’s Knish: In Search of Jewish Soul Food weaves personal taste memories with the intricate past of knishes, making for a compelling, well-researched biography of these iconic Jewish pastries.” —Joan Nathan, New York Times food writer and author of award-winning cookbooks, including Jewish Cooking in America
After the disappearance of her beloved knish shop, Laura Silver goes in search of the roots of the humble pastry and her own family, which, turn out to be more intertwined than she expected.
Laura Silver is an award-winning journalist whose writing on food and culture has appeared in the New York Times and the Forward and on NPR. Laura has been a writer in residence at the Millay Colony, the Banff Centre, and the New York Public Library. She is considered the world’s leading expert on the knish.
- Author Talk: Working Stiff
- 星期三, 2015年１月28日Ortega 分館, Ortega 分館會議室
- Legendary Locals of the Richmond, Sunset, and Golden Gate Park
- 星期三, 2015年１月28日Sunset 分館, 日落區分館兒童室
- Open Books: Alev Croutier
- 星期三, 2015年2月4日Main 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B