“Truly riveting, Laura Silver’s Knish: In Search of Jewish Soul Food weaves personal taste memories with the intricate past of knishes, making for a compelling, well-researched biography of these iconic Jewish pastries.” —Joan Nathan, New York Times food writer and author of award-winning cookbooks, including Jewish Cooking in America
After the disappearance of her beloved knish shop, Laura Silver goes in search of the roots of the humble pastry and her own family, which, turn out to be more intertwined than she expected.
Laura Silver is an award-winning journalist whose writing on food and culture has appeared in the New York Times and the Forward and on NPR. Laura has been a writer in residence at the Millay Colony, the Banff Centre, and the New York Public Library. She is considered the world’s leading expert on the knish.
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- 星期六, 2017年4月1日, 2:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- 星期三, 2017年4月5日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Down and Out in the New Economy: How People Find (or Don't Find) Work Today
- 星期四, 2017年4月6日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, 學習工作室