“Truly riveting, Laura Silver’s Knish: In Search of Jewish Soul Food weaves personal taste memories with the intricate past of knishes, making for a compelling, well-researched biography of these iconic Jewish pastries.” —Joan Nathan, New York Times food writer and author of award-winning cookbooks, including Jewish Cooking in America
After the disappearance of her beloved knish shop, Laura Silver goes in search of the roots of the humble pastry and her own family, which, turn out to be more intertwined than she expected.
Laura Silver is an award-winning journalist whose writing on food and culture has appeared in the New York Times and the Forward and on NPR. Laura has been a writer in residence at the Millay Colony, the Banff Centre, and the New York Public Library. She is considered the world’s leading expert on the knish.
- At Home In Exile
- 星期三, 2017年１月25日, 7:00 pmMerced 分館, Merced 公眾範圍
- Scandinavian Crime Thrillers Today
- 星期三, 2017年2月1日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- Author Event - Matt Richtel
- 星期六, 2017年2月4日, 11:00 amWest Portal 分館, West Portal 兒童室開放時間