Local historian, John Templeton, will preside over the fourth annual Come to the Water: Teaching San Francisco Black History and the central role of African Americans in San Francisco. As a kickoff to black history month, the session is designed as a professional development course for teachers, youth workers and parents on the critical importance of African American hertitage for all students, particularly those who are considered as falling below achievement benchmarks.
Remaining sessions will be held January 25, 2014 at the Black Maritime Heritage Festival at Pier 1 1/2 and in the Visitor Center Theatre of the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park in Fisherman's Wharf on February 1, 8, 15, and 22.
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Miércoles 22 de Febrero de 2017, 8:00 amBayview, Bayview: Área Principal
- Movie Night: Selma
- Miércoles 22 de Febrero de 2017, 5:30 pmPotrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Family Movie Night: Wiz Live!
- Miércoles 22 de Febrero de 2017, 6:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Hasta Martes 28 de Febrero de 2017Biblioteca Central, Centro de Niños
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Hasta Jueves 2 de Marzo de 2017Biblioteca Central, Centro Africano Americano