Local historian, John Templeton, will preside over the fourth annual Come to the Water: Teaching San Francisco Black History and the central role of African Americans in San Francisco. As a kickoff to black history month, the session is designed as a professional development course for teachers, youth workers and parents on the critical importance of African American hertitage for all students, particularly those who are considered as falling below achievement benchmarks.
Remaining sessions will be held January 25, 2014 at the Black Maritime Heritage Festival at Pier 1 1/2 and in the Visitor Center Theatre of the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park in Fisherman's Wharf on February 1, 8, 15, and 22.
- Racism and all that Jazz
- Domingo 1 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Black History Scavenger Hunt
- Domingo 1 de Febrero de 2015Bayview, Bayview: Área Principal
- Meet the Author: Aliona Gibson
- Lunes 2 de Febrero de 2015Ocean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones