Local historian, John Templeton, will preside over the fourth annual Come to the Water: Teaching San Francisco Black History and the central role of African Americans in San Francisco. As a kickoff to black history month, the session is designed as a professional development course for teachers, youth workers and parents on the critical importance of African American hertitage for all students, particularly those who are considered as falling below achievement benchmarks.
Remaining sessions will be held January 25, 2014 at the Black Maritime Heritage Festival at Pier 1 1/2 and in the Visitor Center Theatre of the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park in Fisherman's Wharf on February 1, 8, 15, and 22.
- Six Roses - Jazz Performance
- 星期三, 2016年6月29日, 7:00 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室
- Black Hollywood Unchained Book and Panel Discussion
- 星期日, 2016年7月3日, 1:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Black Brothers Esteem: Then and Now Kick-Off
- 星期二, 2016年7月12日, 5:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Skylight 畫廊