Handsome Ioan Gruffudd portrays William Wilberforce, the man who led the campaign in Parliament against the slave trade in the British Empire. The title refers to the hymn, "Amazing Grace," written by former slave ship captain John Newton--played by Albert Finney--who repented of his former profession and urged Wilberforce to take up the cause of abolition. The lovely Romola Garai portrays William's wife, Barbara, and the versatile Benedict Cumberbatch plays his friend, Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger. Talented Youssou N'Dour appears as African-British abolitionist Olaudah Equiano. The showing of the film observes Human Trafficking Prevention Month.
Free popcorn will be served.
- Signs of the Time
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Teen Computer Corps
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015Chinatown, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Movie Time
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- SeniorNet-Intermediate Computer Skills
- Thursday, April 2, 2015Chinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab
- Basic Computer Class for Seniors
- Thursday, April 2, 2015Ocean View, Ocean View Computer Lab