Handsome Ioan Gruffudd portrays William Wilberforce, the man who led the campaign in Parliament against the slave trade in the British Empire. The title refers to the hymn, "Amazing Grace," written by former slave ship captain John Newton--played by Albert Finney--who repented of his former profession and urged Wilberforce to take up the cause of abolition. The lovely Romola Garai portrays William's wife, Barbara, and the versatile Benedict Cumberbatch plays his friend, Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger. Talented Youssou N'Dour appears as African-British abolitionist Olaudah Equiano. The showing of the film observes Human Trafficking Prevention Month.
Free popcorn will be served.
- Teen Computer Corps
- Wednesday, July 23, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Freebie and the Bean
- Wednesday, July 23, 2014Park, Park Meeting Room
- Thursdays @ Noon Film --The House on Telegraph Hill
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, July 23, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Basic Computer Class for Seniors
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Computer Lab
- Adults & Seniors Computer Class
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room