What if your doctor gave you a prescription that read, "Listen to two jokes and call me in the morning." Of course, that sounds far-fetched, but research shows that laughing at a good joke can help improve your health. It can also reduce your stress hormones, stimulate your immune system, and reduce your blood pressure. The author Norman Cousins even credited laughter with helping him recover from a painful disease. So come by the library, have a few laughs on us, and listen while writer and registered nurse Arlene Jech describes how putting a little laughter in your life can help you feel better.
This is a Wise Up! program for learning and living well at any age.
- Pedestrian Safety Workshop
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 3:00 pmPortola, Portola General Floor Area
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
- Thursday, March 23, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Google Docs: Demystified
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Chair Yoga with Bascia Lassus
- Thursday, March 23, 2017, 1:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room