What if your doctor gave you a prescription that read, "Listen to two jokes and call me in the morning." Of course, that sounds far-fetched, but research shows that laughing at a good joke can help improve your health. It can also reduce your stress hormones, stimulate your immune system, and reduce your blood pressure. The author Norman Cousins even credited laughter with helping him recover from a painful disease. So come by the library, have a few laughs on us, and listen while writer and registered nurse Arlene Jech describes how putting a little laughter in your life can help you feel better.
- West Side Whimsy
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Will-Writing Workshop
- Saturday, August 27, 2016, 2:00 pmPortola, Portola Meeting Room
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 29, 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Microsoft Excel: Intermediate/Advanced Skills
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 10:00 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Book a Librarian
- Thursday, August 25, 2016, 3:00 pmMarina, Marina General Floor Area