What if your doctor gave you a prescription that read, "Listen to two jokes and call me in the morning." Of course, that sounds far-fetched, but research shows that laughing at a good joke can help improve your health. It can also reduce your stress hormones, stimulate your immune system, and reduce your blood pressure. The author Norman Cousins even credited laughter with helping him recover from a painful disease. So come by the library, have a few laughs on us, and listen while writer and registered nurse Arlene Jech describes how putting a little laughter in your life can help you feel better.
This is a Wise Up! program for learning and living well at any age.
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 1:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Grafton Tyler Brown
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- CANCELLED-Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Workshop on Social Security
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 6:00 pmEureka Valley, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room