What if your doctor gave you a prescription that read, "Listen to two jokes and call me in the morning." Of course, that sounds far-fetched, but research shows that laughing at a good joke can help improve your health. It can also reduce your stress hormones, stimulate your immune system, and reduce your blood pressure. The author Norman Cousins even credited laughter with helping him recover from a painful disease. So come by the library, have a few laughs on us, and listen while writer and registered nurse Arlene Jech describes how putting a little laughter in your life can help you feel better.
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, May 7, 2016, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, May 9, 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Aging Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 2:30 pmMain Library, Atrium
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Preparing for the Interview
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 2:30 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Yoga for Everybody
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 4:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room