What if your doctor gave you a prescription that read, "Listen to two jokes and call me in the morning." Of course, that sounds far-fetched, but research shows that laughing at a good joke can help improve your health. It can also reduce your stress hormones, stimulate your immune system, and reduce your blood pressure. The author Norman Cousins even credited laughter with helping him recover from a painful disease. So come by the library, have a few laughs on us, and listen while writer and registered nurse Arlene Jech describes how putting a little laughter in your life can help you feel better.
- Computer Help for Adults & Seniors
- Saturday, September 3, 2016, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sunday, September 4, 2016, 2:00 pmPortola, Portola General Floor Area
- The Great American Folksong Revival
- Wednesday, September 7, 2016, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- CANCELLED: Creative Ways of Telling Your Life Story
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 1:30 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room