Self-centered Charlie Babbitt (Tom Cruise), is informed that his long-estranged father has died. Expecting at least a portion of the elder Babbitt's $3 million estate, Charlie learns that all he's inherited is his dad's prize roses and a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. Discovering that the $3 million is being held in trust for an unidentified party, Charlie heads to his home town of Cincinnati to find out who that party is, and It turns out that the beneficiary is Raymond Babbitt (Dustin Hoffman), the autistic-savant older brother that Charlie never knew he had. Able to memorize reams of trivia and add, subtract, multiply, and divide without a second's hesitation, Raymond is otherwise incapable of functioning as a normal human being. The movie won Best Picture. Rated R. 128 minutes.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Mad Max Fury Road (2015; 120 mins)
- Wednesday, May 25, 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - The Music Man
- Thursday, May 26, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- School Age Films
- Thursday, May 26, 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.