Self-centered Charlie Babbitt (Tom Cruise), is informed that his long-estranged father has died. Expecting at least a portion of the elder Babbitt's $3 million estate, Charlie learns that all he's inherited is his dad's prize roses and a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. Discovering that the $3 million is being held in trust for an unidentified party, Charlie heads to his home town of Cincinnati to find out who that party is, and It turns out that the beneficiary is Raymond Babbitt (Dustin Hoffman), the autistic-savant older brother that Charlie never knew he had. Able to memorize reams of trivia and add, subtract, multiply, and divide without a second's hesitation, Raymond is otherwise incapable of functioning as a normal human being. The movie won Best Picture. Rated R. 128 minutes.
- Audio-described Movie Monday
- Monday, October 27, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Radiant Cinema: Reflections on Light and Shadow
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Preschool Films
- Thursday, October 30, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.