A Beautiful Mind (2001)
The true story of prominent mathematician John Forbes Nash Jr. is the subject of this biographical drama from director Ron Howard. Russell Crowe stars as the brilliant but arrogant professor Nash. The prof seems guaranteed a rosy future in the early '50s after he marries beautiful student Alicia (Jennifer Connelly) and makes a remarkable advancement in the foundations of "game theory," which carries him to the brink of international acclaim. Soon after, John is visited by Agent William Parcher (Ed Harris), from the CIA, who wants to recruit him for code-breaking activities. But evidence suggests that Nash's perceptions of reality are cloudy at best; he is struggling to maintain his tenuous hold on sanity, and Alicia suspects a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. Battling decades of illness with the loyal Alicia by his side, Nash is ultimately able to gain some control over his mental state, and eventually goes on to triumphantly win the Nobel Prize. Rated PG-13. 136 minutes.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Ali
- Jueves 23 de Febrero de 2017, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Black History Month - 16 mm Film Fest!
- Jueves 23 de Febrero de 2017, 6:00 pmPotrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Central Intelligence (2016)
- Viernes 24 de Febrero de 2017, 3:45 pmBayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.