A Beautiful Mind (2001)
The true story of prominent mathematician John Forbes Nash Jr. is the subject of this biographical drama from director Ron Howard. Russell Crowe stars as the brilliant but arrogant professor Nash. The prof seems guaranteed a rosy future in the early '50s after he marries beautiful student Alicia (Jennifer Connelly) and makes a remarkable advancement in the foundations of "game theory," which carries him to the brink of international acclaim. Soon after, John is visited by Agent William Parcher (Ed Harris), from the CIA, who wants to recruit him for code-breaking activities. But evidence suggests that Nash's perceptions of reality are cloudy at best; he is struggling to maintain his tenuous hold on sanity, and Alicia suspects a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. Battling decades of illness with the loyal Alicia by his side, Nash is ultimately able to gain some control over his mental state, and eventually goes on to triumphantly win the Nobel Prize. Rated PG-13. 136 minutes.
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Women
- 星期四, 2015年9月3日, 12:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Teen Movie: Despicable Me 2
- 星期四, 2015年9月3日, 3:00 pmNorth Beach 分館, North Beach分館
- First Thursday Movies at Excelsior
- 星期四, 2015年9月3日, 6:30 pmExcelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室