Lost in Translation (2003)
Bob Harris (Bill Murray) is a well-known American actor whose career has gone into a tailspin; needing work, he takes a large fee to appear in a commercial for Japanese whiskey to be shot in Tokyo. Bob spends most of his non-working hours at his hotel, where he meets Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson) at the bar. Charlotte is married to John (Giovanni Ribisi), a photographer who is in Tokyo on an assignment. Bob and Charlotte become fast friends, and as they explore Tokyo, they begin to wonder if their sudden friendship might be growing into something more. Rated R. 102 minutes.
- Orphans of the Genocide
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Modern Times
- Thursday, April 17, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Films About Baseball - Bull Durham (1988)
- Thursday, April 17, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.