Lost in Translation (2003)
Bob Harris (Bill Murray) is a well-known American actor whose career has gone into a tailspin; needing work, he takes a large fee to appear in a commercial for Japanese whiskey to be shot in Tokyo. Bob spends most of his non-working hours at his hotel, where he meets Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson) at the bar. Charlotte is married to John (Giovanni Ribisi), a photographer who is in Tokyo on an assignment. Bob and Charlotte become fast friends, and as they explore Tokyo, they begin to wonder if their sudden friendship might be growing into something more. Rated R. 102 minutes.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Thursdays at Noon films - High Fidelity
- Thursday, June 2, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, June 2, 2016, 6:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Thursday, June 2, 2016, 6:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.