Lost in Translation (2003)
Bob Harris (Bill Murray) is a well-known American actor whose career has gone into a tailspin; needing work, he takes a large fee to appear in a commercial for Japanese whiskey to be shot in Tokyo. Bob spends most of his non-working hours at his hotel, where he meets Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson) at the bar. Charlotte is married to John (Giovanni Ribisi), a photographer who is in Tokyo on an assignment. Bob and Charlotte become fast friends, and as they explore Tokyo, they begin to wonder if their sudden friendship might be growing into something more. Rated R. 102 minutes.
- Teen Movie: Ouija
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Summer Children's Matinee
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015Park, Park Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon film series - To Kill a Mockingbird
- Thursday, July 9, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.