Lost in Translation (2003)
Bob Harris (Bill Murray) is a well-known American actor whose career has gone into a tailspin; needing work, he takes a large fee to appear in a commercial for Japanese whiskey to be shot in Tokyo. Bob spends most of his non-working hours at his hotel, where he meets Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson) at the bar. Charlotte is married to John (Giovanni Ribisi), a photographer who is in Tokyo on an assignment. Bob and Charlotte become fast friends, and as they explore Tokyo, they begin to wonder if their sudden friendship might be growing into something more. Rated R. 102 minutes.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Teen Afternoon Film: Tomorrowland
- Saturday, June 25, 2016, 2:00 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Films for Adults
- Monday, June 27, 2016, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- ATA @ SFPL: Experience Reel Cinema
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 6:30 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.