Burt Lancaster stars as J. J. Hunsecker, a Walter Winchell-style columnist who wields his power like a club, steamrolling friends and enemies alike. Tony Curtis co-stars as Sidney Falco, a press agent who'd sell his grandmother to get an item into Hunsecker's popular newspaper column.
Roger Ebert wrote: The two men in "The Sweet Smell of Success" relate to each other like junkyard dogs. One is dominant, and the other is a whipped cur, circling hungrily, his tail between his legs, hoping for a scrap after the big dog has dined. The dynamic between a powerful gossip columnist and a hungry press agent, is seen starkly and without pity.
Don’t miss this true classic, with one of the best villains of all time.
- Teen Movie: Ouija
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Summer Children's Matinee
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015Park, Park Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon film series - To Kill a Mockingbird
- Thursday, July 9, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.