Director Wes Anderson and his longtime friend and writing partner Owen Wilson team up again in this offbeat comedy about a dysfunctional family. Royal Tenenbaum (Gene Hackman) was a successful attorney who had three children with his wife Etheline (Anjelica Huston), an archaeologist. But two decades of betrayal and failure have scarred the Tenenbaums for life. Royal’s reappearance is the driver of this film, which features Anderson’s wit, humor, attention to detail, and melancholy. Also starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Ben Stiller, Luke Wilson, and Owen Wilson. 110 minutes.
- Thursdays at Noon film series - The Triplets of Belleville
- Thursday, May 28, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Film: Godzilla
- Saturday, May 30, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Films for Adults: Lady From Shanghai
- Monday, June 1, 2015Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.