Director Wes Anderson and his longtime friend and writing partner Owen Wilson team up again in this offbeat comedy about a dysfunctional family. Royal Tenenbaum (Gene Hackman) was a successful attorney who had three children with his wife Etheline (Anjelica Huston), an archaeologist. But two decades of betrayal and failure have scarred the Tenenbaums for life. Royal’s reappearance is the driver of this film, which features Anderson’s wit, humor, attention to detail, and melancholy. Also starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Ben Stiller, Luke Wilson, and Owen Wilson. 110 minutes.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Watch The Notebook, Eat Chocolate and Cry.
- Saturday, February 13, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
- Film Screening of 42: The Jackie Robinson Story
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 5:30 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Preschool Videos
- Thursday, February 18, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.