In this thriller, Mathilda is a 12-year-old girl living in New York City who has been exposed to the sordid side of life from an early age: her family lives in a slum and her abusive father works for drug dealers. After one horrific day, Mathilda takes refuge in the apartment of her secretive neighbor, Leon, who takes her in with a certain reluctance. However, an affection develops between Leon and Mathilda that changes his outlook on his life and career.
- Preschool Films
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014Parkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Hoffa
- Thursday, September 4, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.