In this thriller, Mathilda is a 12-year-old girl living in New York City who has been exposed to the sordid side of life from an early age: her family lives in a slum and her abusive father works for drug dealers. After one horrific day, Mathilda takes refuge in the apartment of her secretive neighbor, Leon, who takes her in with a certain reluctance. However, an affection develops between Leon and Mathilda that changes his outlook on his life and career.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Central Intelligence (2016)
- Friday, February 24, 2017, 3:45 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.