Humphrey Bogart plays a man convicted of a murder he didn't commit. Breaking out of San Quentin, he embarks on a quest to clear his name and find the true culprit, with a little help from Lauren Bacall. The film is notable for unusual cinematography and makes use of various San Francisco and Marin locales, including the Filbert Steps and the Malloch Building on Telegraph Hill; Bogart even makes an escape on a cable car. 106 minutes.
- Great Books to Great Movies: Death in Venice
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Movie Time
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon film series - Cheaper By the Dozen
- Thursday, March 5, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.