Humphrey Bogart plays a man convicted of a murder he didn't commit. Breaking out of San Quentin, he embarks on a quest to clear his name and find the true culprit, with a little help from Lauren Bacall. The film is notable for unusual cinematography and makes use of various San Francisco and Marin locales, including the Filbert Steps and the Malloch Building on Telegraph Hill; Bogart even makes an escape on a cable car. 106 minutes.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Torn Curtain
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Adults Visit The Mix
- Saturday, September 3, 2016, 10:00 amMain Library, Mix: General Floor Area - 2nd Fl
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.