Humphrey Bogart plays a man convicted of a murder he didn't commit. Breaking out of San Quentin, he embarks on a quest to clear his name and find the true culprit, with a little help from Lauren Bacall. The film is notable for unusual cinematography and makes use of various San Francisco and Marin locales, including the Filbert Steps and the Malloch Building on Telegraph Hill; Bogart even makes an escape on a cable car. 106 minutes.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Middle East Heritage Movie
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 3:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- The Kite Runner
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 4:00 pmPark, Park Meeting Room
- We The Voters: 20 Films to Watch Before You Vote
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 5:30 pmMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.