Robert Mitchum plays Jeff Bailey, a retired private detective trying to live a quiet life, unnoticed, in a small California town. When a former employer tracks him down and asks that he do one last job, his past begins to catch up with him. Added to the National Film Registry in 1991 and set partly in San Francisco, many critics consider Out of the Past one of the greatest film noirs. 97 minutes.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films - Torn Curtain
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 6:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.