Join Twitter's Jacob Hoffman-Andrews in this hands-on session which will teach how to protect your privacy on the Internet with privacy tools including: encrypted Off-The-Record chat using Pidgin or Adium, and anonymous browsing using the Tor Browser Bundle. We will also discuss how to better block ads and which browser is best to use. We will be installing and using software, so you will get the most out of it if you can bring a laptop. If you can't bring a laptop, you are welcome to come and listen or find a buddy.
Jacob Hoffman-Andrews works on security issues as a programmer at Twitter.
- Girls Who Code
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 4:30 pmMain Library, Mix: Discovery Zone - 2nd Fl
- Book a Librarian
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 4:00 pmGlen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Book A Librarian
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 6:30 pmOcean View, Ocean View General Floor Area
- Job Seekers' Drop-In
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 10:00 amMain Library, Bridge TechLab Workstation - 5th Fl
- Coding Drop-in Lab
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 2:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Mac Computer: Basics
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 10:00 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.