An exhibit of works by local artist William Rhodes featuring several pieces created using reclaimed materials, such as wood and glass, deeply informed by the theme of water and its relationship with people of the African Diaspora.
Mr. Rhodes’ artistic aesthetic has been informed by his travels to African and non-Western countries. The people, art, and cultures of these societies have inspired Mr. Rhodes to consider non-Western approaches to furniture and art, and to create utilitarian objects that are works of art.
- Natalie Baszile Book Talk and Discussion
- Jueves 8 de Octubre de 2015, 6:00 pmBayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- African American Geneology
- Sábado 10 de Octubre de 2015, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Miércoles 14 de Octubre de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal