Jin Shin Jyutsu (JSJ) is a healing art similar to other Asian practices such as acupuncture and acupressure. Although usually described as bodywork or energy work, JSJ is a “Physio-Philosophy” - an ancient art and system of bringing about balance of ki (chi or energy) in the body, restoring health and well-being. Whether your goal is relaxation and stress reduction, better overall health, or improvement in a specific health condition, Jin Shin Jyutsu can help, and is fun and easy to learn and do. In this class, you will learn some of the basics about JSJ and how to do a variety of self-help exercises that can also be shared with friends and family.
About the instructor:
Stephanie Temkin, RM/T is a traditional Japanese energy healing (Reiki and Jin Shin Jyutsu) practitioner and instructor with a background in community health and medical research that gives her a unique integrative perspective. In the process of investigating non-Western healing methods to address her own injuries, Stephanie was introduced to Jin Shin Jyutsu (JSJ) in 2001, began study two years later, and became a practitioner in 2004.
- Meditation Group
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Introduction to Reiki Tummo and Heart Meditation
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room