Jin Shin Jyutsu (JSJ) is a healing art similar to other Asian practices such as acupuncture and acupressure. Although usually described as bodywork or energy work, JSJ is a “Physio-Philosophy” - an ancient art and system of bringing about balance of ki (chi or energy) in the body, restoring health and well-being. Whether your goal is relaxation and stress reduction, better overall health, or improvement in a specific health condition, Jin Shin Jyutsu can help, and is fun and easy to learn and do. In this class, you will learn some of the basics about JSJ and how to do a variety of self-help exercises that can also be shared with friends and family.
About the instructor:
Stephanie Temkin, RM/T is a traditional Japanese energy healing (Reiki and Jin Shin Jyutsu) practitioner and instructor with a background in community health and medical research that gives her a unique integrative perspective. In the process of investigating non-Western healing methods to address her own injuries, Stephanie was introduced to Jin Shin Jyutsu (JSJ) in 2001, began study two years later, and became a practitioner in 2004. Since then she has completed over 550 hours of training, including study in Japan. Her Reiki practice began in 2005, and she became a Usui Reiki Ryoho master teacher in 2007. A lifelong animal lover, Stephanie also offers treatments and instruction in animal Reiki and JSJ in the greater San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. Her volunteer projects include offering JSJ/Reiki treatments at the Charlotte Maxwell Complementary Clinic, the San Francisco Veterans Administration Medical Center, Laguna Honda Hospice, and local animals shelters.
- Zumba--At the Library!
- Sábado 3 de Enero de 2015Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- CANCELED: Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Miércoles 7 de Enero de 2015Sunset, Sunset: Área Principal
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Jueves 8 de Enero de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Healthier Living Workshop
- Domingo 21 de Diciembre de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Meditation Group
- Miércoles 24 de Diciembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Miércoles 24 de Diciembre de 2014Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones