What makes progressive art not just new and different, but something that will have a long-term impact? Something that will make future artists act and react? This lecture puts works by Cézanne, Van Gogh, Matisse, Picasso, and others in the context of their times.
Lecture by Marsha Holm, from the Fine Arts Museums’ of San Francisco Docent Council.
Limit 20 people.
To sign up or more information, contact Lisa at email@example.com or 415 355 3822.
All programs at the library are free
- FBI workshop - Safe Online Surfing
- Saturday, August 2, 2014Ingleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Noe Valley: A Village Within the City
- Saturday, August 2, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Tiptoeing through the Twilight Zone
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.