Participants will investigate their surroundings and make connections about the landscape, manmade world, and community. Experimenting with various materials such as paper or fabric students will collage and create a collaborative large-scale interlocking quilt that draws inspiration from the Quilts of Gee's Bend Alabama. The final piece will be crafted out of discarded materials, similar in concept and tradition as the historical Gee's Bend Quilts. This is an intergenerational program - all ages encouraged. Space is limited - sign up at the Reference Desk.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- Racism and all that Jazz
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Black History Scavenger Hunt
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Bayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Meet the Author: Aliona Gibson
- Monday, February 2, 2015Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.