Participants will investigate their surroundings and make connections about the landscape, manmade world, and community. Experimenting with various materials such as paper or fabric students will collage and create a collaborative large-scale interlocking quilt that draws inspiration from the Quilts of Gee's Bend Alabama. The final piece will be crafted out of discarded materials, similar in concept and tradition as the historical Gee's Bend Quilts. This is an intergenerational program - all ages encouraged. Space is limited - sign up at the Reference Desk.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 8:00 amBayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Ben Tucker's Good Run
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 1:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Make a Freedom Bus
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 4:30 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Through Thursday, March 2, 2017Main Library, African American Center
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.