Participants will investigate their surroundings and make connections about the landscape, manmade world, and community. Experimenting with various materials such as paper or fabric students will collage and create a collaborative large-scale interlocking quilt that draws inspiration from the Quilts of Gee's Bend Alabama. The final piece will be crafted out of discarded materials, similar in concept and tradition as the historical Gee's Bend Quilts. This is an intergenerational program - all ages encouraged. Space is limited - sign up at the Reference Desk.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- Hands on History:
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, San Francisco History Center
- PBS Documentary Screening: Prince Among Slaves
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 6:30 pmOcean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
- Asheba: Musical Storyteller
- Thursday, February 11, 2016, 10:30 amMarina, Marina Childrens' Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.