What does the history of Latinos in San Francisco teach us about the value of community history and its role in building a pluralistic democracy? Native Californian and historian, Tomás F. Summers Sandoval, will share from his book, Latinos at the Golden Gate. He will discuss the rise of a diverse community of Latin American migrants in the city, with a focus on the historical moments when a hybrid Latino identity was forged through struggle--latinidad.
Jointly presented by the San Francisco History Center and the International Center. A book sale and signing will follow the presentation.
"San Francisco Panorama" mural by Michael Rios. Photograph © Michael S. Yamashita.
- Latino Parent Club
- Friday, April 25, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- The Crusades of Cesar Chavez
- Saturday, April 26, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic B
- Open House & Cinco de Mayo Celebration
- Saturday, May 10, 2014Mission, Mission General Floor Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.