Agrippina, by George Frideric Handel
I Claudius, with a TwistEnjoy the young Handel at his most light-hearted, tuneful, and exuberant. If you saw the TV series I Claudius, think of Claudius in old age: He was a wise emperor who had awful taste in women. Agrippina marries Claudius with the goal of putting her mad son Nero on the throne. Then Handel’s version of the story departs from historical accuracy and turns into a madcap comedy. Watch the depraved Poppea contrive to meet three lovers in succession: Claudius, Nero, and Ottone (the latter earlier saved Claudius’ life!) But it is Agrippina’s clever schemes that drive the twists and turns of the story. Come to the lecture to see how it all turns out.
- Legacy of Isadora
- Sábado 29 de Noviembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Jeff Campbell - Highland Bagpiper
- Sábado 29 de Noviembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Centro de Niños: Sala Creativa
- Mark Foehringer's Nutcracker Sweets
- Jueves 4 de Diciembre de 2014Sunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil