Agrippina, by George Frideric Handel
I Claudius, with a TwistEnjoy the young Handel at his most light-hearted, tuneful, and exuberant. If you saw the TV series I Claudius, think of Claudius in old age: He was a wise emperor who had awful taste in women. Agrippina marries Claudius with the goal of putting her mad son Nero on the throne. Then Handel’s version of the story departs from historical accuracy and turns into a madcap comedy. Watch the depraved Poppea contrive to meet three lovers in succession: Claudius, Nero, and Ottone (the latter earlier saved Claudius’ life!) But it is Agrippina’s clever schemes that drive the twists and turns of the story. Come to the lecture to see how it all turns out.
- Opera for the People
- Domingo 31 de Agosto de 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- 2014 - 2015 Opera Preview Lecture
- Miércoles 3 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Potrero Hill Flute Ensemble
- Sábado 6 de Septiembre de 2014Potrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones