Agrippina, by George Frideric Handel
I Claudius, with a TwistEnjoy the young Handel at his most light-hearted, tuneful, and exuberant. If you saw the TV series I Claudius, think of Claudius in old age: He was a wise emperor who had awful taste in women. Agrippina marries Claudius with the goal of putting her mad son Nero on the throne. Then Handel’s version of the story departs from historical accuracy and turns into a madcap comedy. Watch the depraved Poppea contrive to meet three lovers in succession: Claudius, Nero, and Ottone (the latter earlier saved Claudius’ life!) But it is Agrippina’s clever schemes that drive the twists and turns of the story. Come to the lecture to see how it all turns out.
- Six Roses - Jazz Performance
- Miércoles 29 de Junio de 2016, 7:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Martes 5 de Julio de 2016, 10:30 am
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- Miércoles 13 de Julio de 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones