‘The Triumph of Marital Love’
Rodelinda, Queen of Lombardy, mourns for her husband Bertarido, the deposed King who is presumed dead. Rodelinda honors her husband’s memory as she fights off the advances of the usurper Grimoaldo. But Grimoaldo is a pussycat compared to his ruthless adviser, Garibaldo. Rodelinda, possibly the strongest female character in all of opera, manages to hold her own. But what has happened to Bertarido? Come to the lecture to find out. The Handel Opera Project is performing Rodelinda on Jan. 26 at 2601 Durant Ave, Berkeley. Go see the opera with your newfound knowledge!
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 10:30 am
- Bernal Jazz Quintet
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- The Tales of Hoffmann, by Jacques Offenbach
- Saturday, May 14, 2016, 2:00 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room