‘The Triumph of Marital Love’
Rodelinda, Queen of Lombardy, mourns for her husband Bertarido, the deposed King who is presumed dead. Rodelinda honors her husband’s memory as she fights off the advances of the usurper Grimoaldo. But Grimoaldo is a pussycat compared to his ruthless adviser, Garibaldo. Rodelinda, possibly the strongest female character in all of opera, manages to hold her own. But what has happened to Bertarido? Come to the lecture to find out. The Handel Opera Project is performing Rodelinda on Jan. 26 at 2601 Durant Ave, Berkeley. Go see the opera with your newfound knowledge!
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- The Gustafer Yellowgold Show
- Friday, March 14, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Opera for the People: Winter-Spring 2014
- Saturday, March 22, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room