In honor of Black History Month and the beginning of Hollywood's Award season, Potrero Branch will be showing award-winning movies about African Americans.
THE COLOR PURPLE starring Whoopi Goldberg, Danny Glover, and Oprah Winfrey. This film follows the life of Celie, a young black girl growing up in the early 1900's. The first time we see Celie, she is 14 and pregnant by her father. We stay with her for the next 30 years of her tough life. The movie was nominated for 11 Oscars, including Best Picture of 1985; it won the Golden Globe for Best Actress -Whoopi Goldberg, and was nominated for 4 other Globes.
Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, contact Lisa at email@example.com
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Viernes 26 de Agosto de 2016, 3:30 pmBayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Martes 30 de Agosto de 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Thursdays at Noon films - Torn Curtain
- Jueves 1 de Septiembre de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.