Come celebrate Black History Month by experimenting with various materials such as paper or fabric to create a collaborative large-scale interlocking collage quilt that draws inspiration from the Quilts of Gee's Bend Alabama. The final piece, to be displayed at the library, will be crafted out of discarded materials, similar in concept and tradition as the historical Gee's Bend Quilts. This is a multigenerational program open to all ages. Please call Parkside Branch to sign up: (415) 355-5770.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- Natalie Baszile Book Talk and Discussion
- Thursday, October 8, 2015, 6:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- African American Geneology
- Saturday, October 10, 2015, 12:00 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.