Come celebrate Black History Month by experimenting with various materials such as paper or fabric to create a collaborative large-scale interlocking collage quilt that draws inspiration from the Quilts of Gee's Bend Alabama. The final piece, to be displayed at the library, will be crafted out of discarded materials, similar in concept and tradition as the historical Gee's Bend Quilts. This is a multigenerational program open to all ages. Please call Parkside Branch to sign up: (415) 355-5770.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- Repujado: Mexican Tin Art
- Thursday, September 25, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
- 500 Years Later
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- The Revolutionary Art of Emory Douglas
- Sunday, October 5, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.