Local DJ and CCSF and UC Berkeley instructor Rickey Vincent discusses his new book Party Music, which chronicles how The Black Panther Party used funk music to spread its revolutionary message.
The author chronicles how, during The Lumpen's one-year existence, the group delivered the revolutionary messages of the Oakland-based Black Panther Party at the organization's rallies, from California to Massachusetts.
- Grafton Tyler Brown: African-American Lithographer
- Saturday, December 5, 2015, 10:30 amMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- International Black Women's Film Festival
- Sunday, December 6, 2015, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Sunday, December 27, 2015, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium