Local DJ and CCSF and UC Berkeley instructor Rickey Vincent discusses his new book Party Music, which chronicles how The Black Panther Party used funk music to spread its revolutionary message.
The author chronicles how, during The Lumpen's one-year existence, the group delivered the revolutionary messages of the Oakland-based Black Panther Party at the organization's rallies, from California to Massachusetts.
- Racism and all that Jazz
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Black History Scavenger Hunt
- Sunday, February 1, 2015Bayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Meet the Author: Aliona Gibson
- Monday, February 2, 2015Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room