Local DJ and CCSF and UC Berkeley instructor Rickey Vincent discusses his new book Party Music, which chronicles how The Black Panther Party used funk music to spread its revolutionary message.
The author chronicles how, during The Lumpen's one-year existence, the group delivered the revolutionary messages of the Oakland-based Black Panther Party at the organization's rallies, from California to Massachusetts.
- Saturday, September 10, 2016, 11:00 amBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Living with Pride: Ruth Ellis @100
- Sunday, September 11, 2016, 2:30 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- CANCELLED: Greil Marcus: Racism in the Age of Obama
- Saturday, September 24, 2016, 3:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium