Local DJ and CCSF and UC Berkeley instructor Rickey Vincent discusses his new book Party Music, which chronicles how The Black Panther Party used funk music to spread its revolutionary message.
The author chronicles how, during The Lumpen's one-year existence, the group delivered the revolutionary messages of the Oakland-based Black Panther Party at the organization's rallies, from California to Massachusetts.
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 8:00 amBayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Ben Tucker's Good Run
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 1:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Make a Freedom Bus
- Tuesday, February 21, 2017, 4:30 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Through Thursday, March 2, 2017Main Library, African American Center