Local DJ and CCSF and UC Berkeley instructor Rickey Vincent discusses his new book Party Music, which chronicles how The Black Panther Party used funk music to spread its revolutionary message.
The author chronicles how, during The Lumpen's one-year existence, the group delivered the revolutionary messages of the Oakland-based Black Panther Party at the organization's rallies, from California to Massachusetts.
- Racism and all that Jazz
- Domingo 1 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Black History Scavenger Hunt
- Domingo 1 de Febrero de 2015Bayview, Bayview: Área Principal
- Meet the Author: Aliona Gibson
- Lunes 2 de Febrero de 2015Ocean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones