Gee's Bend Quilts - Find and Seek Fibers Workshop
Participants will investigate their surroundings and make connections about the landscape, manmade world, and community. Experimenting with various materials such as paper or fabric students will collage and create a collaborative large-scale interlocking quilt that draws inspiration from the Quilts of Gee's Bend Alabama. The final piece will be crafted out of discarded materials, similar in concept and tradition as the historical Gee's Bend Quilts.
Green Art Workshop is a hands-on, eco-conscious program that brings teaching artists into Bay Area classrooms and after school programs. In our classes, youth create imaginative personal and collaborative projects by re-envisioning everyday materials. We encourage critical thinking and heighten environmental awareness in the creative process.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- African American Geneology
- Saturday, October 10, 2015, 12:00 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Thursday, October 15, 2015, 6:30 pmMain Library, Gay & Lesbian Center