Come help us make a community quilt that will be installed throughout the ground floor of the library! Participants will investigate their surroundings and make connections about the landscape, manmade world, and community. Experimenting with various materials such as paper or fabric students will collage and create a collaborative large-scale interlocking quilt that draws inspiration from the Quilts of Gee's Bend Alabama. The final piece will be crafted out of discarded materials, similar in concept and tradition as the historical Gee's Bend Quilts.
Green Art Workshop is a hands-on, eco-conscious program that brings teaching artists into Bay Area classrooms and libraries.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- Jewelry Making with Chelsee Robinson
- Friday, March 7, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Teen's Area
- Foam Printing Workshop
- Saturday, March 8, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014
- Jewelry Making
- Sunday, March 9, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Maker Mondays
- Monday, March 10, 2014Main Library, Children's Center
- Foil Embossing
- Saturday, March 15, 2014West Portal, West Portal Courtyard
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.