Take to the sky with a colorful kite! Instructors will teach you how to make a traditional Japanese kite with Japanese paper and a bamboo frame.
Presented in conjunction with the Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco.
Two sessions: 1:30-3 p.m. and 3-4:30 p.m.
Space limited. Maximum of 20 children per session. Ages 9 and above.
Call 557-4554 to reserve a space.
Meet a friend at the library for free activities and fun.
- Japanese Koto Demonstration with Shoko Hikage
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 3:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 6:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- CANCELLED - The Chinese & the Transcontinental Railroad
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Tai Chi Mondays
- Monday, May 9, 2016, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights General Floor Area
- Jamyong Singye on the Meditative Art of Thangka
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Red Envelope Craft
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.