The Mission Bay Book Club will be reading Cool Gray City of Love: 49 Views of San Francisco by Gary Kamiya for our March meeting. Gary Kamiya will join us to discuss his book he calls "a love letter to the place in the world that means the world to me."
Kamiya drove a taxi in San Francisco for 7 years while completing college and working as a freelance writer. He earned his BA and MA in English literature from UC Berkeley, which awarded him its top undergraduate award in English literature, the Mark Schorer Citation, in 1983. After five years at the Examiner, where Kamiya was a culture critic and book editor, he left to co-found the groundbreaking website Salon.com. Kamiya's writing has appeared in the New York Times Book Review, ArtForum, and Sports Illustrated, among many other publications. He is currently the executive editor of San Francisco Magazine. He also writes a weekly history column, “Portals of the Past,” which appears every Saturday in the San Francisco Chronicle.
Light refreshments will be served. A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Mission Bay Book Club meets bi-monthly. New members are always welcome.
- Golden Gate Valley Mystery Book Club
- Jueves 30 de Julio de 2015, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate: Sala de Reuniones
- Book Swap
- Sábado 1 de Agosto de 2015, 2:00 pmMission , Mission: Área Principal
- Western Addition Book Group
- Lunes 3 de Agosto de 2015, 4:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones