The Mission Bay Book Club will be reading Cool Gray City of Love: 49 Views of San Francisco by Gary Kamiya for our March meeting. Gary Kamiya will join us to discuss his book he calls "a love letter to the place in the world that means the world to me."
Kamiya drove a taxi in San Francisco for 7 years while completing college and working as a freelance writer. He earned his BA and MA in English literature from UC Berkeley, which awarded him its top undergraduate award in English literature, the Mark Schorer Citation, in 1983. After five years at the Examiner, where Kamiya was a culture critic and book editor, he left to co-found the groundbreaking website Salon.com. Kamiya's writing has appeared in the New York Times Book Review, ArtForum, and Sports Illustrated, among many other publications. He is currently the executive editor of San Francisco Magazine. He also writes a weekly history column, “Portals of the Past,” which appears every Saturday in the San Francisco Chronicle.
Light refreshments will be served. A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Mission Bay Book Club meets bi-monthly. New members are always welcome.
- The Boris Rozenfeld Russian Bibliophiles Club
- 星期六, 2016年4月30日, 2:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- Poetry Reading with Dawn Pearson
- 星期六, 2016年4月30日, 4:00 pmPotrero 分館, Potrero 分館會議室
- Western Addition Book Group
- 星期一, 2016年5月2日, 4:00 pmWestern Addition 分館, Western Addition 分館會議室