Learn the incredible story of a forgotten 19th century hero: a former slave, Yale scholar, minister, and international leader of the Antebellum abolitionist movement. At the age of 19, scared and illiterate, James Pennington escaped from slavery in 1827 and soon became one of the leading voices against slavery prior to the Civil War.
- Author Talk: Dennis McNallly
- Martes 21 de Octubre de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Armistead Maupin in conversation with K.M. Soehnlein
- Jueves 23 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Jeffery Renard Allan Reads
- Jueves 23 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Centro Africano Americano