Learn the incredible story of a forgotten 19th century hero: a former slave, Yale scholar, minister, and international leader of the Antebellum abolitionist movement. At the age of 19, scared and illiterate, James Pennington escaped from slavery in 1827 and soon became one of the leading voices against slavery prior to the Civil War.
- Writing To Be Read: Strategies for Maximizing Impact
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 6:00 pm
- San Francisco's Chinatown, Then & Now
- Sábado 7 de Mayo de 2016, 11:00 am
- Local Poets Series
- Jueves 12 de Mayo de 2016, 6:00 pm