Learn the incredible story of a forgotten 19th century hero: a former slave, Yale scholar, minister, and international leader of the Antebellum abolitionist movement. At the age of 19, scared and illiterate, James Pennington escaped from slavery in 1827 and soon became one of the leading voices against slavery prior to the Civil War.
- 4th Anniversary Merced Branch Library Open House
- Miércoles 20 de Mayo de 2015Merced, Merced: Área Principal
- Author talk with Shohreh Aghdashloo
- Jueves 21 de Mayo de 2015Potrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Open Books: Francisco Xavier Alarcόn
- Martes 26 de Mayo de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret