Learn the incredible story of a forgotten 19th century hero: a former slave, Yale scholar, minister, and international leader of the Antebellum abolitionist movement. At the age of 19, scared and illiterate, James Pennington escaped from slavery in 1827 and soon became one of the leading voices against slavery prior to the Civil War.
- Black Hollywood Unchained Book and Panel Discussion
- Domingo 3 de Julio de 2016, 1:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Epigenetics --- A Closer Look at Genes and Environment
- Domingo 10 de Julio de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Black Brothers Esteem: Then and Now Kick-Off
- Martes 12 de Julio de 2016, 5:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Galería Skylight