Learn the incredible story of a forgotten 19th century hero: a former slave, Yale scholar, minister, and international leader of the Antebellum abolitionist movement. At the age of 19, scared and illiterate, James Pennington escaped from slavery in 1827 and soon became one of the leading voices against slavery prior to the Civil War.
- Racism and all that Jazz
- Domingo 1 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Black History Scavenger Hunt
- Domingo 1 de Febrero de 2015Bayview, Bayview: Área Principal
- Meet the Author: Aliona Gibson
- Lunes 2 de Febrero de 2015Ocean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones