A program of films by San Francisco-based poet and avant-garde pioneer filmmaker James Broughton (1913-1999). The films cover Broughton's career and will include Mother's Day (1947); Four in the Afternoon (1951); High Kukus (1973); The Water Circle (1975); Erogony (1976); Song of the Godbody (1977); and Devotions (1983). Presented in conjunction with the Hormel Center's exhibition Hymns to Hermes: The Poetics of James Broughton on exhibit until January 2014. James Broughton once said "I firmly believe in Incitements, Delightments, Enlightenments, and Liberation Machines. I have always hoped that cinema could be a Liberation Machine." Films will be introduced by curator and historian Joey Cain.
- Radar Reading Series
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Lambda Literary Awards Finalists Reading
- Tuesday, April 21, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Another Little Piece of My Heart
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015Main Library, Gay & Lesbian Center
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.