A program of films by San Francisco-based poet and avant-garde pioneer filmmaker James Broughton (1913-1999). The films cover Broughton's career and will include Mother's Day (1947); Four in the Afternoon (1951); High Kukus (1973); The Water Circle (1975); Erogony (1976); Song of the Godbody (1977); and Devotions (1983). Presented in conjunction with the Hormel Center's exhibition Hymns to Hermes: The Poetics of James Broughton on exhibit until January 2014. James Broughton once said "I firmly believe in Incitements, Delightments, Enlightenments, and Liberation Machines. I have always hoped that cinema could be a Liberation Machine." Films will be introduced by curator and historian Joey Cain.
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Jueves 4 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Martes 9 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Radar Presents a Night of Banned and Challenged Books
- Martes 23 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.