A program of films by San Francisco-based poet and avant-garde pioneer filmmaker James Broughton (1913-1999). The films cover Broughton's career and will include Mother's Day (1947); Four in the Afternoon (1951); High Kukus (1973); The Water Circle (1975); Erogony (1976); Song of the Godbody (1977); and Devotions (1983). Presented in conjunction with the Hormel Center's exhibition Hymns to Hermes: The Poetics of James Broughton on exhibit until January 2014. James Broughton once said "I firmly believe in Incitements, Delightments, Enlightenments, and Liberation Machines. I have always hoped that cinema could be a Liberation Machine." Films will be introduced by curator and historian Joey Cain.
- Barbara Gittings: Gay Pioneer
- Miércoles 2 de Septiembre de 2015, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Radar Reading Series
- Martes 8 de Septiembre de 2015, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Gay Men and the New Way Forward
- Jueves 17 de Septiembre de 2015, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.