This Public Conversation, How Far We’ve Come: LGBTQ Veterans & the Military is part of War Comes Home, a statewide conversation about veterans returning to California. Moderated by Dr. Elizabeth Hillman of UC Hastings Law School, panelists for the evening include Retired Navy Commander Zoe Dunning who successfully challenged the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy; Dr. Aaron Belkin, founder of the Palm Center; and Major Jeffrey Mueller, Co-Chair of OutServe Servicemembers’ Legal Defense Network Board of Directors. Public Conversations is a project of Cal Humanities in partnership with UCHRI, the California State Library, and James C. Hormel Gay and Lesbian Center at The San Francisco Public Library. It is supported in part by the National Endowment for the Humanities, the BayTree Fund, The Whitman Institute, and the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
- Celebrating The Past/Creating The Future
- Hasta Domingo 7 de Agosto de 2016Biblioteca Central, Galería Jewett
- Out At The Library
- Hasta Domingo 7 de Agosto de 2016Biblioteca Central, Galería Skylight
- Queer & Quirky: OBJECTifying Ourselves
- Hasta Domingo 7 de Agosto de 2016Eureka Valley, Eureka Valley: Área Principal