This Public Conversation, How Far We’ve Come: LGBTQ Veterans & the Military is part of War Comes Home, a statewide conversation about veterans returning to California. Moderated by Dr. Elizabeth Hillman of UC Hastings Law School, panelists for the evening include Retired Navy Commander Zoe Dunning who successfully challenged the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy; Dr. Aaron Belkin, founder of the Palm Center; and Major Jeffrey Mueller, Co-Chair of OutServe Servicemembers’ Legal Defense Network Board of Directors. Public Conversations is a project of Cal Humanities in partnership with UCHRI, the California State Library, and James C. Hormel Gay and Lesbian Center at The San Francisco Public Library. It is supported in part by the National Endowment for the Humanities, the BayTree Fund, The Whitman Institute, and the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.
- Radar Reading Series
- Martes 14 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Lambda Literary Awards Finalists Reading
- Martes 21 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Another Little Piece of My Heart
- Miércoles 22 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas