Join us for a viewing of Invictus
"In 1994, having been released from his long imprisonment, Nelson Mandela is elected as the first president of post-apartheid South Africa. Racial tension runs high, even in the president's offices, and especially among the members of his half black, half Afrikaner security team. As hosts of the 1995 Rugby World Cup, South Africa's low ranked national team, the Springboks, have a berth in the tournament. Mandela begins makeing public appearances supporting the team, and meets privately with captain Francois Pienaar, encouraging him to inspire his teammates to victory. The Springboks' new slogan is "One team, One nation." President Mandela is betting that if they win the Cup, it might even be a bit true."
- Films for Adults - Sahara (1943)
- Monday, September 22, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Film Night at the Library
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Park, Park Meeting Room
- Reel-to-Reel 16 mm Preschool Films
- Thursday, September 25, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room