Local DJ, CCSF and UC Berkeley instructor Rickey Vincent's new book chronicles how The Black Panther Party used funk music to spread its revolutionary message.
The author chronicles how, during its one-year existence, the group The Lumpen delivered the revolutionary messages of the Oakland-based Black Panther Party at the organization's rallies, from California to Massachusetts.
*This off-site program is a SFPL partnership with CCSF and the San Francisco African American Historical and Cultural Society.
Note: This event will be taking place at a location outside the San Francisco network of public libraries. For questions concerning the event, please contact the hosting library: Main Library.
- Letters to Prisoners Workshop
- Sunday, January 22, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Daniel Jose Older
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10:00 amBayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Through Thursday, March 2, 2017Main Library, African American Center