Local DJ, CCSF and UC Berkeley instructor Rickey Vincent's new book chronicles how The Black Panther Party used funk music to spread its revolutionary message.
The author chronicles how, during its one-year existence, the group The Lumpen delivered the revolutionary messages of the Oakland-based Black Panther Party at the organization's rallies, from California to Massachusetts.
*This off-site program is a SFPL partnership with CCSF and the San Francisco African American Historical and Cultural Society.
Note: This event will be taking place at a location outside the San Francisco network of public libraries. For questions concerning the event, please contact the hosting library: Main Library.
- The Blackest History Film Series
- Saturday, February 6, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Spicy Tasty Vegan Cuisine
- Saturday, February 6, 2016, 1:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Rhythm, Rock, Reggae, Roots! -Celebrate Black History
- Saturday, February 6, 2016, 3:30 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition General Floor Area