Local DJ, CCSF and UC Berkeley instructor Rickey Vincent's new book chronicles how The Black Panther Party used funk music to spread its revolutionary message.
The author chronicles how, during its one-year existence, the group The Lumpen delivered the revolutionary messages of the Oakland-based Black Panther Party at the organization's rallies, from California to Massachusetts.
*This off-site program is a SFPL partnership with CCSF and the San Francisco African American Historical and Cultural Society.
Note: This event will be taking place at a location outside the San Francisco network of public libraries. For questions concerning the event, please contact the hosting library: Main Library.
- Natalie Baszile Book Talk and Discussion
- Thursday, October 8, 2015, 6:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- African American Geneology
- Saturday, October 10, 2015, 12:00 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area