Come and celebrate the Japanese tradition of mochitsuki, or Japanese rice cake making. The mochitsuki will be performed by Kagami Kai, a group based out of San Francisco dedicated to preserving the tradition and community of mochitsuki. Everyone is encouraged to participate in the pounding of mochi and enjoy the delicious taste and texture of freshly-made soft mochi.
***This event will be held either outside in the library courtyard or inside on the general floor depending on the weather.
- Chinese Red Envelope Crafts
- Tuesday, February 3, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Chinese New Year Red Envelope Craft
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015Portola, Portola Meeting Room
- Chinese New Year Crafts
- Friday, February 6, 2015Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room