Come and celebrate the Japanese tradition of mochitsuki, or Japanese rice cake making. The mochitsuki will be performed by Kagami Kai, a group based out of San Francisco dedicated to preserving the tradition and community of mochitsuki. Everyone is encouraged to participate in the pounding of mochi and enjoy the delicious taste and texture of freshly-made soft mochi.
***This event will be held either outside in the library courtyard or inside on the general floor depending on the weather.
- Charlie Chin
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 10:00 amParkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Asian Snack Trials
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 5:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
- Japanese Koto Demonstration with Shoko Hikage
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 3:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Tai Chi Mondays
- Monday, May 9, 2016, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights General Floor Area
- Jamyong Singye on the Meditative Art of Thangka
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Red Envelope Craft
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room