Come and celebrate the Japanese tradition of mochitsuki, or Japanese rice cake making. The mochitsuki will be performed by Kagami Kai, a group based out of San Francisco dedicated to preserving the tradition and community of mochitsuki. Everyone is encouraged to participate in the pounding of mochi and enjoy the delicious taste and texture of freshly-made soft mochi.
***This event will be held either outside in the library courtyard or inside on the general floor depending on the weather.
- Building Community and Leadership
- Saturday, September 12, 2015, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic B
- Ikebana Japanese Flower Arrangement for Kids
- Sunday, September 13, 2015, 2:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Vietnamese Cold Noodle
- Thursday, September 17, 2015, 5:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room