Come and celebrate the Japanese tradition of mochitsuki, or Japanese rice cake making. The mochitsuki will be performed by Kagami Kai, a group based out of San Francisco dedicated to preserving the tradition and community of mochitsuki. Everyone is encouraged to participate in the pounding of mochi and enjoy the delicious taste and texture of freshly-made soft mochi.
***This event will be held either outside in the library courtyard or inside on the general floor depending on the weather.
- Girls' Day Japanese Tea Ceremony
- Saturday, February 25, 2017, 2:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition Courtyard
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Race
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 6:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Chinese Workers and Balclutha
- Saturday, March 11, 2017, 2:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room