A quilt is made up of many blocks of fabric. Show us what living in Visitacion Valley means to you by creating a 10 x 10 square that will be incorporated into our community quilt.
Bring a picture of your favorite spot in Visitacion Valley and learn to make a quilt square around it using one of several quilting techniques we will be teaching. You will learn how to cut fabric and patch the pieces together on a sewing machine.
No sewing experience necessary. Children under 10 are welcome if accompanied by an adult.
Visitacion Valley Quilts is a six month long project to create a community quilt representative of this diverse San Francisco neighborhood. The program is a partnership between the San Francisco Public Library and Quiltworks, a local nonprofit quilting studio.
Meet a friend at the library for free activities and fun.
- Red Envelope Crafts
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, 6:00 pmPortola, Portola Meeting Room
- Anchor Brewing Co. Tour -- WAIT LIST ONLY!
- Thursday, January 26, 2017, 3:30 pm
- If I am not Black, what does Black Lives Matter mean to me?
- Tuesday, February 7, 2017, 4:30 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Connecting Home Owners and Home Seekers
- Thursday, January 26, 2017, 6:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Growing Roses in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Saturday, February 4, 2017, 1:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Your Mission Community Market
- Saturday, February 11, 2017, 3:00 pmMission, Mission Garden