A quilt is made up of many blocks of fabric. Show us what living in Visitacion Valley means to you by creating a 10 x 10 square that will be incorporated into our community quilt.
Bring a picture of your favorite spot in Visitacion Valley and learn to make a quilt square around it using one of several quilting techniques we will be teaching. You will learn how to cut fabric and patch the pieces together on a sewing machine.
No sewing experience necessary. Children under 10 are welcome if accompanied by an adult.
Visitacion Valley Quilts is a six month long project to create a community quilt representative of this diverse San Francisco neighborhood. The program is a partnership between the San Francisco Public Library and Quiltworks, a local nonprofit quilting studio.
Meet a friend at the library for free activities and fun.
- Growing Up in San Francisco’s Western Neighborhoods
- Thursday, August 6, 2015, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Living in the Shadows of Exclusion
- Saturday, August 8, 2015, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- BHP: Bernal History Group
- Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 7:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room