Atticus Finch, the most respected lawyer in a Depression-era small Southern town, defends a black man against an undeserved rape charge. Based on Harper Lee's Pulitzer Prize-winning autobiographical novel, To Kill a Mockingbird is one of the most highly acclaimed and hard-hitting films of all time. The AFI named Atticus Finch the greatest movie hero of the 20th century, the widowed father of Scout and Jem, calmly confronting racial hatred, an all-white jury, and a lynch mob.
To Kill a Mockingbird won Academy Awards for Best Actor (Gregory Peck), Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Art Direction. 94% Rotten Tomatoes rating.
1962; Not rated: Not a film for children; 130 minutes; Popcorn!
- Films for Adults - In Bruges (2008)
- Monday, April 21, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Chinese Movie: Confucius
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- The Artist
- Thursday, April 24, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium