Shades of San Francisco is a neighborhood history photograph collecting project conducted by the San Francisco Public Library. Its mission is to copy photographs from the family albums, private collections, and computers of current and former San Francisco residents. The copied photos will be added to the San Francisco History Center's photo archives and to selected branches in order to create a permanent record of the daily lives of San Franciscans as well as the historical, political, and cultural contributions of the many neighborhoods and ethnic communities that make up the city.
On May 18 Photo Day, we'll copy your photos while you enjoy refreshments and chat with other contributors. Photo albums, loose photographs, and digital photos are welcome. We urge you to bring your entire collection.
To make an appointment, call (415) 218-3434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.sfpl.org/shadesofbayviewSupported by California State Library LSTA grant.
- Point of Pride:
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Researching a San Francisco Building
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Thursday, September 4, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.