Shades of San Francisco is a neighborhood history photograph collecting project conducted by the San Francisco Public Library. Its mission is to copy photographs from the family albums, private collections, and computers of current and former San Francisco residents. The copied photos will be added to the San Francisco History Center's photo archives and to selected branches in order to create a permanent record of the daily lives of San Franciscans as well as the historical, political, and cultural contributions of the many neighborhoods and ethnic communities that make up the city.
On May 18 Photo Day, we'll copy your photos while you enjoy refreshments and chat with other contributors. Photo albums, loose photographs, and digital photos are welcome. We urge you to bring your entire collection.
To make an appointment, call (415) 218-3434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.sfpl.org/shadesofbayviewSupported by California State Library LSTA grant.
- Frank Lloyd Wright and San Francisco
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Home Match Tabling and Presentation
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 6:00 pmParkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Richmond District Strategy
- Saturday, December 10, 2016, 1:30 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Black Matters
- Through Thursday, December 15, 2016Main Library, African American Center
- Al-Mutanabbi Street Starts Here:
- Through Sunday, January 1, 2017Main Library, Skylight Gallery Exhibit Area
- Dadamatic Mail Art
- Through Saturday, December 31, 2016Main Library, Skylight Gallery
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.