Shades of San Francisco is a neighborhood history photograph collecting project conducted by the San Francisco Public Library. Its mission is to copy photographs from the family albums, private collections, and computers of current and former San Francisco residents. The copied photos will be added to the San Francisco History Center's photo archives and to selected branches in order to create a permanent record of the daily lives of San Franciscans as well as the historical, political, and cultural contributions of the many neighborhoods and ethnic communities that make up the city.
On May 18 Photo Day, we'll copy your photos while you enjoy refreshments and chat with other contributors. Photo albums, loose photographs, and digital photos are welcome. We urge you to bring your entire collection.
To make an appointment, call (415) 218-3434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.sfpl.org/shadesofbayviewSupported by California State Library LSTA grant.
- Alcatraz Gardens:
- Sunday, January 22, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Letters to Prisoners Workshop
- Sunday, January 22, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Daniel Jose Older
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Genealogy & Family History Research
- Monday, January 23, 2017, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Connecting Home Owners and Home Seekers
- Thursday, January 26, 2017, 6:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Drop In Genealogy
- Saturday, January 28, 2017, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- The Beauty of Precious Moments
- Through Thursday, February 16, 2017Main Library, Chinese Center
- Everyone Deserves a Home
- Through Sunday, March 12, 2017Main Library, Jewett Gallery
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.