Shades of San Francisco is a neighborhood history photograph collecting project conducted by the San Francisco Public Library. Its mission is to copy photographs from the family albums, private collections, and computers of current and former San Francisco residents. The copied photos will be added to the San Francisco History Center's photo archives and to selected branches in order to create a permanent record of the daily lives of San Franciscans as well as the historical, political, and cultural contributions of the many neighborhoods and ethnic communities that make up the city.
On May 18 Photo Day, we'll copy your photos while you enjoy refreshments and chat with other contributors. Photo albums, loose photographs, and digital photos are welcome. We urge you to bring your entire collection.
To make an appointment, call (415) 218-3434 or email email@example.com
For more information, visit www.sfpl.org/shadesofbayviewSupported by California State Library LSTA grant.
These cultural events are free and open to the public. Share your own thoughts on race at Race in the Public Eye.
- Presidio Open House Celebration!
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 1:00 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Spring Break Talent Show!
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 2:30 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Constance Fenimore Woolson: She-Novelist in Venice
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Drop In Genealogy
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Personal Safety Workshop
- Thursday, March 30, 2017, 2:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Drop-in Computer Help in Spanish
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.