Shades of San Francisco is a neighborhood history photograph collecting project conducted by the San Francisco Public Library. Its mission is to copy photographs from the family albums, private collections, and computers of current and former San Francisco residents. The copied photos will be added to the San Francisco History Center's photo archives and to selected branches in order to create a permanent record of the daily lives of San Franciscans as well as the historical, political, and cultural contributions of the many neighborhoods and ethnic communities that make up the city.
On May 18 Photo Day, we'll copy your photos while you enjoy refreshments and chat with other contributors. Photo albums, loose photographs, and digital photos are welcome. We urge you to bring your entire collection.
To make an appointment, call (415) 218-3434 or email email@example.com
For more information, visit www.sfpl.org/shadesofbayviewSupported by California State Library LSTA grant.
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Thursday, February 23, 2017, 8:00 amBayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Thursdays at Noon films - Ali
- Thursday, February 23, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Play the African counting game Mancala
- Thursday, February 23, 2017, 3:00 pmMission, Mission Teen's Area
- Drop In Genealogy
- Saturday, February 25, 2017, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Genealogy & Family History Research
- Monday, March 6, 2017, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Discover Women’s Lives and Experiences through Ancestry
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Everyone Deserves a Home
- Through Sunday, March 12, 2017Main Library, Jewett Gallery
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
- The Alcatraz Florilegium
- Through Sunday, March 19, 2017Main Library, Skylight Gallery Exhibit Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.