Shades of San Francisco is a neighborhood history photograph collecting project conducted by the San Francisco Public Library. Its mission is to copy photographs from the family albums, private collections, and computers of current and former San Francisco residents. The copied photos will be added to the San Francisco History Center's photo archives and to selected branches in order to create a permanent record of the daily lives of San Franciscans as well as the historical, political, and cultural contributions of the many neighborhoods and ethnic communities that make up the city.
On May 18 Photo Day, we'll copy your photos while you enjoy refreshments and chat with other contributors. Photo albums, loose photographs, and digital photos are welcome. We urge you to bring your entire collection.
To make an appointment, call (415) 218-3434 or email email@example.com
For more information, visit www.sfpl.org/shadesofbayviewSupported by California State Library LSTA grant.
- Pete Seeger: How Can I Keep From Singing?
- Miércoles 9 de Septiembre de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Building Community and Leadership
- Sábado 12 de Septiembre de 2015, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana B
- The Streets of Antebellum and Civil War San Francisco
- Martes 15 de Septiembre de 2015, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.