We will be discussing The Beauty and the Sorrow: An Intimate History of the First World War, by Peter Englund (2011). Using diaries and letters, the author has written a narrative history of World War I from the perspective of twenty ordinary people.
The West Portal Book Club meets the 3rd Thursday of every month from 2:00 pm until 3:30 pm.
Our reading choices alternate between fiction and nonfiction. New members are always welcome. Want to know what we're reading next? Call 355-2886
- Parkside Library Book Club
- Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 7:00 pmParkside, Parkside Teen's Area
- Excelsior Branch Book Club
- Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 7:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Easy Origami
- Wednesday, June 1, 2016, 6:00 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room