We will be discussing The Beauty and the Sorrow: An Intimate History of the First World War, by Peter Englund (2011). Using diaries and letters, the author has written a narrative history of World War I from the perspective of twenty ordinary people.
The West Portal Book Club meets the 3rd Thursday of every month from 2:00 pm until 3:30 pm.
Our reading choices alternate between fiction and nonfiction. New members are always welcome. Want to know what we're reading next? Call 355-2886
- Great Books Discussion Group
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 6:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Sunset Book Group
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Tertulias Literarias - Don Quixote for All!
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016, 7:00 pm