We will be discussing The Beauty and the Sorrow: An Intimate History of the First World War, by Peter Englund (2011). Using diaries and letters, the author has written a narrative history of World War I from the perspective of twenty ordinary people.
The West Portal Book Club meets the 3rd Thursday of every month from 2:00 pm until 3:30 pm.
Our reading choices alternate between fiction and nonfiction. New members are always welcome. Want to know what we're reading next? Call 355-2886
- Great Books Reading Group
- Tuesday, September 16, 2014Sunset, Sunset General Floor Area
- Legal Book Club
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014Main Library, Stong Room - Floor 1
- Noe Valley Book Discussion Group
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room