We will be discussing The Beauty and the Sorrow: An Intimate History of the First World War, by Peter Englund (2011). Using diaries and letters, the author has written a narrative history of World War I from the perspective of twenty ordinary people.
The West Portal Book Club meets the 3rd Thursday of every month from 2:00 pm until 3:30 pm.
Our reading choices alternate between fiction and nonfiction. New members are always welcome. Want to know what we're reading next? Call 355-2886
- Great Books Discussion Group
- Thursday, September 3, 2015, 5:30 pmMain Library, Sycip Room - Floor 4
- Great Teen Book Swap!
- Friday, September 4, 2015, 3:30 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Othello by William Shakespeare
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015, 6:15 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room