We will be discussing The Beauty and the Sorrow: An Intimate History of the First World War, by Peter Englund (2011). Using diaries and letters, the author has written a narrative history of World War I from the perspective of twenty ordinary people.
The West Portal Book Club meets the 3rd Thursday of every month from 2:00 pm until 3:30 pm.
Our reading choices alternate between fiction and nonfiction. New members are always welcome. Want to know what we're reading next? Call 355-2886
- Ortega Adult Book Club
- Saturday, December 20, 2014Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Great Books Discussion Group
- Saturday, December 20, 2014Anza, Anza Meeting Room
- Captain Underpants Read-aloud Book Club
- Monday, December 22, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room