This introductory class will help you become a more informed and empowered job seeker. In this overview you will learn about:
• Where to look for job openings
• Classes & e-Learning
• Local community job centers
• Free & low cost career counseling
• Information for teens, veterans, LGBTQQ & older worder job seekers
• Resume tools
• Upcoming job fairs & job clubs
• Internships & job training
• Green jobs
• Tools for researching companies
• Current salary & job market information
• Making lists of potential employers & much more…
You will come away from the class more prepared for the task of launching an organized and purposeful job search. All of the tools offered here are free (or low cost) and available to all, although some resources may require a library card & pin number.
Bring your own laptop if you want to have computer access. Due to renovation of the 5th floor Computer Training Room, this is a temporary location and does not include access to computers.
Learn about more Jobs & Careers Resources.
- Job Seekers' Drop-In
- Monday, July 25, 2016, 10:00 amMain Library, Bridge TechLab Workstation - 5th Fl
- Coding Drop-In Lab
- Monday, July 25, 2016, 2:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- How to Start a Career in Tech
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 3:00 pm
- Résumé Workshop
- Monday, July 25, 2016, 10:00 am
- Job Searching with Social Media
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 6:00 pm
- Microsoft Excel: Basic Skills
- Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 12:30 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.